Friday, March 19, 2010

SXSW part 4

Headed back to BEERLAND. I'm clearly obsessed with this place. Had to wait while a couple of shitty bands played because I wanted to make sure that I got in to see the HEX DISPENSERS. They ripped it up very hard. Played mostly songs off of Winchester Mystery House as well as a new song that they just recorded a few days ago. It was great to see a band I actually know and love instead of just checking out bands that I don't really know much about.

Walked around looking for food and came upon a cool looking Japanese restaurant. Brad and I place our order then I look over at a big group of people sitting at a table. Who is sitting at the head of that table? Bill Fucking Murray! Our minds explode and we're very pleased at our superstar sighting. A few minutes later I realize that not only is that Bill Murray but he's either drunk or REALLY sleepy. Amazing! The food was really great and I'll definitely be heading back at some point this weekend.

Walked over to TRAILER SPACE RECORDS which is where THE WHITE WIRES had played earlier to meet up with everyone. Caught BARRERACUDAS who played a set of upbeat snotty 70's style punk. It was definitely entertaining. PERSONAL & THE PIZZAS played a wild set with a drunken PERSONAL wielding a chain around and breaking shit and hitting people with it. It was pretty wild and asinine.

After that, Luke and I went back to the hotel. Him to sleep and me to write this shit. Hopefully I will have wild tales to report about what everyone else did into the wee hours of the morning.

No comments: